Who's ready for this Super Bowl Sunday? I've got my Patriots gear all ready to go for back to back Super Bowls! I made a football cake last year for my husbands birthday, since it's a few days before the Super Bowl. I was so proud of myself for making this cake at first attempt, that I made another one this year for the big game. Anyone else excited to watch the Justin Timberlake concert, hours of fun commercials with a side of football? High 5! Me too! Here's a quick easy recipe if you need a last minute fun dessert idea for this years Super Bowl Sunday.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 2 cans of chocolate frosting and 1 can of vanilla frosting
- divide batter into 2 8x8 pans until golden brown
- let cool
- use a knife and cut football shape with both pans
- assemble first layer and add frosting to cover top
- stack second layer and add generous layer to top
- finish sides and smooth
- put frosting in a piping bag, use star tip 1M and trace lines for football and laces
- begin making stars from top to bottom. i started with chocolate
- then vanilla football corners
- finish with vanilla laces using tip 12
And waaalaaaa! You're done! Makes a pretty fun centerpiece!